Would you like peer support to prepare your own submission?
From June, VMIAC will be travelling around Victoria to support consumers/survivors to make submissions to the Royal Commission into Mental Health.
Anyone can make a submission directly to the Royal Commission on their website. You don’t have to use the VMIAC service to make a submission.
But we know this can be a confusing, emotional and complex process—so we’ll be there to help, if you’d like it.
We’ll be offering:
- One-on-one sessions, or small group sessions, with a peer worker
- Support to plan and write your own personal submission
- Phone support follow-ups if needed
- Lots of choices to do it your way, including hand-writing, typed, video or audio recordings
- Simple explanations about terminology and processes
- Help with actually sending off your submission
This support service won’t start until June, but you can register now.
Register for support here
This link will take to a short online form to provide your contact details and the kind of support you’d prefer. These details are only accessed by VMIAC and will not be shared with anyone else.
Or register by phone: Call reception on (03) 9380 3900 and ask to join our list for Royal Commission Support. Our reception will take down your details.
We’ll be in touch in June to organise times to meet throughout June up until the closing date of 5th July 2019.
Download or share our flyer
This flyer shares details about how to register with VMIAC for support during the Royal Commission. Please feel free to download and share this flyer with your networks.