Would you like peer support to prepare your own submission?
From June, VMIAC will be travelling around Victoria to support consumers/survivors to make submissions to the Royal Commission into Mental Health.
Anyone can make a submission directly to the Royal Commission on their website. You don’t have to use the VMIAC service to make a submission.
Maggie Toko and Indigo Daya give an update on the Royal Commission.
- This update talks about ways that you can have your say during the Royal Commission.
- Check out the new Royal Commission website: www.rcvmhs.vic.gov.au
- If you want support from VMIAC during the Royal Commission, including support to make your own...
The Victorian Government established a Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System (Royal Commission) - the first of its kind in Australia.
The Royal Commission is led by Penny Armytage as chairperson, supported by commissioners Professor Bernadette McSherry, Professor Allan Fels AO and Dr Alex Cockram. Jodie Geissler is CEO.
The Royal Commission will inquire into and report on how Victoria's...
VMIAC issues a media release in response to Royal Commission announcements. We expressed disappointment that:
- None of the commissioners have lived experience as a consumer
- Abuse was not expressly included as part of the terms of reference
We know that these issues, amongst others, were of critical importance to many people.