Use your time to read some of those books you’ve always wanted to but have never got around to reading!
Goodreads: Favourite Comfort Reads: “‘Stay calm and read on’ might be our collective slogan for the coming months. Since we all might need some help with that, we asked Goodreads members on Twitter and Facebook to name the comforting reads they turn to when life is hard.”
Dymocks: 2020 Reading Challenge: Dymocks have put together an engaging prompt list to help you read more! If you share photos, reviews and updates on what you’re reading using the hashtag #DymocksReadingChallenge you can win prizes.
Greatest AudioBooks: Listen to hundreds of free audiobooks
Bookishly: UK based book subscription company are shipping internationally to people in isolation. They have self care packages for yourselves, or for you to donate to someone in need.
VMIAC’s Top 20 Novels
We asked the VMIAC team for their favourite book of all time to share with you. Here was the outcome, in no particular order!
- To Kill a Mockingbird: Harper Lee
- Lord of the Rings: J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Handmaid’s Tale: Margaret Atwood
- Shadow of the Wind: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- 1984: George Orwell
- Harry Potter series: J.K. Rowling
- The Hunger Games series: Suzanne Collins
- The Testaments: Margaret Atwood
- Slaughterhouse 5: Kurt Vonnegut
- The Shining: Steven King
- Little Women: Louisa May Alcott
- The Picture of Dorian Gray: Oscar Wilde
- Wuthering Heights: Emily Brontë
- The Great Gatsby: F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Game of Thrones series: George R.R. Martin
- Shantaram: Gregory David Roberts
- A Thousand Splendid Suns: Khaled Hosseini
- Frankenstein: Mary Shelley
- Of Mice and Men: John Steinbeck
- Big Little Lies: Liane Moriarty
For more book options, head to goodreads.com for their top Literary Novels of All Time.