VMIAC is developing a pilot governance training program for consumers.
This is significant piece of work in anticipation of the demand for consumer leadership to participate in the governance arrangements of the new Mental Health system as envisaged by the Royal Commission.
Consumers Leading in Governance is a pilot governance training and development program for mental health consumers that offers both theoretical and practical learning experience. Its objective is to build capacity of mental health consumers to participate in governance arrangements across the new mental health system, as recommended by the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System.
The pilot program will commence in 2022 and is eight months long.
It has two, complementary components:
- a training component
- and a placement component.
Call for Sponsors
VMIAC is keen to work collaboratively with potential project partners, and is seeking co-investment to support the running and subsequent evaluation of the Consumers Leading in Governance pilot program.
Click here to download the updated information flyer (Dec 2021). Download
Information for Placement Organisations.
VMIAC is currently looking for placement organisations to take part in this project.
Placement organisations are asked to:
• Identify an organisational liaison point
• Appoint a board member to act as a mentor
• Arrange for the participant to meet with the CEO to provide an overview of the organisation
• Arrange for the participant to observe a mix of board and board sub-committee meetings (minimum three)*
• Ensure the participant receives all necessary board/sub-committee papers prior to the meetings*
• Arrange for debriefing with their mentor (relevant board member) after each meeting
• Ensure the participant has completed necessary confidentiality, conflict of interest and other relevant agreements
the Senior Project Lead – Erandathie Jayakody at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0456 304 719.
Closing date for current call outs 31 January 2021.
Additional information will be released over the coming month.