Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council (VMIAC) is Victoria’s peak body for people who have a lived experience of mental health or emotional challenges. We are run by consumers, for consumers.
VMIAC is going through a period of growth and we are busier than ever at this exciting time.
As a result we are hiring for a number of new senior leadership positions.
Keep reading to find out more.
Senior Communications Specialist
We are looking for:
- An experienced Communications professional to lead our talented Communications team and to develop and drive a Communications strategy
- As a member based organisation our communication with members is crucial, as is the strengthening of our critical external relationships and the elevation of our profile.
- We need you with your advanced skills and professional approach to deliver for us.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating VMIAC’s strategic communication plan to support VMIAC’s 4 Year Strategic Plan. The strategic communication plan will focus on systemic advocacy work to influence mental health public policy and enable expansion and empowerment of VMIAC’s diverse membership base.
Applications close: 11:59 PM AEDT, 14th Mar 2022
We are looking for:
- An experienced professional to lead our talented advocacy team
- Contribute to VMIAC’s systemic advocacy agenda
- Bring strong advocacy and team leadership skills and a firm commitment to upholding human rights
- Your lived experience of mental ill health and recovery will inform your approach as you experience the benefits of working in a lived experience workplace.
This position leads and manages the advocacy team in enabling VMIAC consumers to make their own choices and have their rights and interests respected.
The position represents consumers through self, individual and systemic advocacy giving consumers a voice and works closely with VMIAC’s membership, research and policy and NDIS advocacy teams. It is responsible for the internal and external relationships to identify, address and resolve systemic advocacy issues identified through work with individual consumers and in collaboration with the NDIS Advocacy Team.
Applications close: 11:59 PM AEST, 8th May 2022
VMIAC is a lived experience, consumer led organization. Applicants must have lived experience of mental health issues and/or emotional distress and consumer of mental health services. Applicants will receive supervision and support but must be work ready and able to fulfil all requirements of the role.