Expressions of Interest are now open for people with personal lived experience of mental ill-health and people with lived experience of caring and support to participate in workshops to guide the development of the National Stigma and Discrimination Reduction Strategy.
These workshops will bring together people with direct lived experience of mental ill-health, families, friends, carers and support people and other stakeholders who have experiences in the settings where we are looking to see change.
The six online workshops will be held between 3 and 23 November 2021, and are aligned with the Strategy’s six areas of focus. The workshop dates are:
- Mental Health System – Wednesday, 3 November 2021
- Health System – Tuesday, 9 November 2021
- Social Services, Income Support, Disability and Housing – Thursday, 11 November 2021
- Employment – Monday, 15 November 2021
- Financial Services, Insurance and the Law – Thursday 18 November 2021
- Education – Tuesday 23 November 2021
EOIs close at 9am, Monday 25 October 2021.
The EOI can be accessed via the ‘Our Consultations’ button on the National Stigma and Discrimination Reduction Strategy Consultation Hub.
Any questions can be directed to StigmaStrategy@MentalHealthCommission.gov.au.