This is a Notice of Intention to amend three minor aspects of the constitution. These changes are not intended to alter the functioning of VMIAC in any way. Point 1 removes references to a joining fee as VMIAC does not have a joining fee. Point 2 removes gendered pronouns in line with contemporary practice. Point 3 removes references to President and Vice-President and replaces them with reference to Chair and Deputy Chair. VMIAC does not have a President or a Vice-President.
Point 1 – To remove references to a joining fee
9(2) to be changed from:
a) must be signed by the applicant; and
b) may be accompanied by the joining fee. Note
c) The joining fee is the fee (if any) determined by the Association under rule 12(3).
a) must be signed or digitally agreed to by the applicant;
11(2) to be changed from:
(2) A person becomes a member of the Association and, subject to rule 13(2), is entitled to exercise his or her rights of membership from the date, whichever is the later, on which—
(a)the Committee approves the person’s membership; or
(b) the person pays the joining fee.
(2) A person becomes a member of the Association and, subject to rule 13(2), is entitled to exercise their rights of membership from the date, whichever is the later, on which—
(a) the Committee approves the person’s membership
12 to be removed
12 Annual subscription and fee on joining
(1) At each annual general meeting, the Association must determine—
(a) the amount of the annual subscription (if any) for the following financial year; and
(b) the date for payment of the annual subscription.
(2) The Association may determine that a lower annual subscription is payable by associate members.
(3) The Association may determine that any new member who joins after the start of a financial year must, for that financial year, pay a fee equal to—
(a) the full annual subscription; or
(b) a pro rata annual subscription based on the remaining part of the financial year; or
(c) a fixed amount determined from time to time by the Association.
member (including the right to vote) who has not paid the annual subscription by the due date are suspended until the subscription is paid.
Point 2 – To remove gendered pronouns
All references to ‘his’ or ‘her’ to be replaced with ‘their’, including at 11(2), 34(1), 34(3), 47(3), 52(4), 54(3) and 70(3).
Point 3 – To remove reference to President and Vice- President
All references to ‘President to be replaced with ‘Chair’ including at 44(a), 46, 46(1), 46(2), 52(4), 55(4), 55(5) and 58(3).
All references to ‘Vice-President’ to be replaced with ‘Deputy Chair’ including at 44(b), 46, 46(1) and 46(2).