What would you like to tell us about your experience or knowledge of violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation?
- Are you telling us about violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation that happened to you or someone else? If it is someone else, who is that person and what is your relationship to them?
- When, or around when, did the violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation happen? If you can, please provide us with a date, or range of dates.
- Can you tell us what happened?
- Have any of your family, carers, workers or others provided you with assistance or support related to what happened?
Reporting the violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation
Have you told anyone about your experience/s?
- Who did you tell?
- What did you tell them?
- When did you tell them?
- Did you put it in writing? If yes, can you provide us with a copy?
- Was it difficult to report your experience? Can you explain why or why not?
If you reported your experience, what happened in response?
- How did the person/organisation you reported it to first respond?
- What else did the person/organisation do about it?
- Did anything happen after you reported the violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation?
- Was there any investigation of what happened to you? If so, by who?
- Did you feel supported when you reported the violence, abuse, neglect or exploitation?
- Were you offered any support? If yes, did you accept the support? Why/Why not?
- Have you ever received any redress or compensation?
- Would you consider the response to reporting good or bad? Can you please explain why?
Recommendations for change
Are there any suggestions or recommendations you would like to share, including any examples of what worked well or ideas for how things could be done better? You might also like to tell us about any people who have supported you.Anything else?
Is there anything else you would like to share with the Royal Commission?
What would you like to tell Australia about your hopes for the future?