Want to attend The Mental Health Services of Australia and New Zealand’s (TheMHS) conference?
Consumer Day starts Tuesday August 15 and the conference continues from Wednesday August 16 to Friday August 18, 2023.
The conference is at the Adelaide Convention Centre. The VMIAC contingent will stay at accommodation close by.
The Theme is “Making Rights Real – bringing humanity and human rights into mental health”.
VMIAC invites consumers to apply for a scholarship to attend. We have 2 online and 3 in person scholarships available.
Partial scholarships can cover:
- attending conference online only
- purchase of registration to the conference in person
- purchase of return transport to Adelaide
- purchase of accommodation in Adelaide
Full scholarships covers all of the above and are arranged by VMIAC.
If you intend to go for 4 days, travel to Adelaide will be Monday 14th August.
To apply for the scholarship, you must be a mental health consumer, never have been to TheMHS and fulfil at least one of the below criteria.
- Be a consumer worker or member of a CAG
- Under 25 years old
- Identify as a person with a disability
- Identify as culturally or linguistically diverse
- Identify as Aboriginal & Torrest Strait Islander
- Identify as LGBTIAQ+
Applications close COB on Friday 26th May and you will be notified by Wednesday 31st May.
If successful, you will be asked to share your experiences with the VMIAC membership. This may be through writing for our newsletter or annual report, talking at a member meeting, painting or another form you would like.
You will be provided with support to do this.
To apply, click here or the button below.
Note: Please indicate your preference (online/in person) and which days you wish to attend.