Tue, August 17, 2021 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
The Women’s Mental Health Alliance and Mental Health Victoria invite you to join us for a webinar exploring the key issues in women’s mental health.
The event will examine the implications of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System for women’s mental health and opportunities to ensure that the redesign of the mental health system meets the needs of women and girls.
This webinar is aimed at mental health practitioners and service providers, policy-makers, and the social services and women’s sectors.
Women’s Health Victoria’s Mischa Barr will open proceedings with a short presentation providing an overview of key issues in women’s mental health. Read Mischa’s recent opinion piece on women’s mental health in The Age. Mischa will then be joined by panellists to share their thoughts and expertise.
- Maggie Toko, Assistant Commissioner Lived Experience & Engagement, Mental Health Complaints Commissioner
- Prof Jayashri Kulkarni AM, Professor of Psychiatry at Monash University and The Alfred and Director, Monash Alfred Psychiatry research centre (MAPrc)
- Dr Adele Murdolo, CEO, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Jackson Fairchild, Head of Policy and Programs, Rainbow Health Victoria
- Lena Risteski, Counsellor at Mind Australia
We hope you can join us for this important conversation.