VMIAC’s vision was developed in partnership with our community of consumers/survivors across Victoria. It’s our shared dream for the future, and it drives everything we do.
Where all mental health consumers stand proud, live a life with choices honoured, rights upheld and these principles are embedded in all aspects of society.
We aim to achieve our vision by:
Our work is premised on these beliefs:
- People’s experiences are respected and valued
- People are experts in their own lives
- People have a right to self determination
- People have capacity to make genuine choices, free from coercion
- People should be safe, respected, valued and informed
- People’s diversity is embraced