In this time of significant change, our NDIS team continues to be committed in offering support to mental health consumers to access the NDIS.
Support Workers in the Advocacy Team are still available to provide intensive one-to-one support for individuals seeking plan reviews and appeals of NDIS decisions. Our Information and Support Workers are also available on the phone to guide individuals choosing to access the NDIS.
In response to the challenges faced by the restrictions in place due to COVID-19, the Education Team will be offering interactive workshops for small groups of up to 10 people, using Zoom. We will be sharing information during these workshops for people who are considering applying for the NDIS or appealing an NDIS decision. Registration through Eventbrite is required. Support will be available prior to these workshops to assist those unfamiliar with Zoom who may be apprehensive using it.
We will also be launching some new resources on the VMIAC website shortly to complement the existing written materials as well as podcasts that are now available.
All of the NDIS team are looking forward to working closely with you during this challenging time.
About This Service
This free service is for people in Victoria with a psychosocial disability who:
- Are interested in the NDIS
- Are currently using the NDIS
- Have been denied access to the NDIS
- Want to appeal a decision made about your NDIS Plan
How we can support you
Interested in the NDIS?
We can provide:
- Information about how to apply, advice on what works, and resources
- Intensive support to through the application process and planning meetings
- Advice and support to gather evidence required for the NDIS
Currently using the NDIS?
Our NDIS Information and Support Worker can help you to:
- Make the most of your NDIS plan
- Deal with services
- Unravel NDIS language
- Self-advocate for your needs
The NDIS can be an overwhelming process.
We’re here to support you every step of the way, to get the best possible outcome for you.NDIS team member
Need to challenge or appeal an NDIS decision?
Our NDIS Appeals and Reviews Service can:
- Provide advice, information and support to have decisions by the NDIA reviewed
- Work with you to take an appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, including support to apply for free legal assistance
Our NDIS resources
Check out some of our information and resources about the NDIS, developed by consumers, for consumers.