Check out some of the best sites for mental health consumers and survivors.
Got an idea for a site you think we should list? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Other consumer peak organisations in Australia
Besides VMIAC in Victoria, most of the other Australian states and territories also have a consumer peak organisation. These include:
- West Australia: COMHWA (Consumers of Mental Health WA)
- New South Wales: Being
- Tasmania: Flourish Tasmania
- South Australia: LELAN
- Australian Capital Territory: ACT Mental Health Consumer Network
It’s not a peak body, but the National Consumer and Carer Forum also contributes to many important lived experiences issues in mental health policy. Check out their position statements and resources.
Our Consumer Place
Our Consumer Place is a Victorian initiative which has produced some outstanding publications about consumer perspective, experiences, history and issues. Some great publications to start with include:
- The company we keep: A user’s guide to mental health clinicians
- The MadQuarry Dictionary
- The consumer movement in Australia: A memoir by Merinda Epstein