From November 2023 until June 2024, the Navigating My Way team will conduct 10 co-design groups across Victoria. The purpose of these groups will be to brainstorm, plan and design the self-advocacy resources and tools. Each co-design group will be a once-off two-hour session, with five people at each session. To ensure we include as many voices as possible, each co-design group will be comprised of five new people, who have not participated in a previous co-design session, and who are not members of the Advisory Group.
Each Co-design Group meeting will be facilitated by the Navigating My Way team. The meeting facilitators will bring project information, prompts, questions, and other tools to get the ideas flowing. Each Group will establish their own rules and guidelines at the beginning of the session. Co-design Group members will be encouraged to contribute their ideas, and everyone will be given an opportunity to have a say. The dates, times and locations of these meetings will be dependent on the needs and wishes of applicants.
Co-design group members will be compensated $175 for their participation.
If you are interested in joining one of our Co-design Groups, please complete an Expression of Interest form below or contact us for more information.
To participate in a Co-design Group, you must:
- Not be a member of the Navigating My Way Advisory Group
- Have not already participated in a previous Navigating My Way Co-design Group
- Be aged over 18 years
- Live in Victoria
- Have lived and/or living experience of psychosocial disability, mental ill health, or accessing mental health services
- Have an interest in the NDIS either as a past, current or prospective participant, or interested community member
- Be able to attend one two-hour session either in-person or online
Note: if you have already submitted an Expression of Interest for the Navigating My Way Advisory Group but have not yet been accepted, you can also submit an Expression of Interest for the Co-design Groups.