If you or someone you know are using hospital based mental health services in Victoria, here’s how to get support!
This free service is for people with lived experience of mental health challenges, who want information or short-term, non-legal advocacy about:
- Issues with mental health services
- Issues with community organisations related to your experience of mental health or emotional challenges
- Your rights in relation to your mental health
All of our advocates have lived experience as mental health consumers, so we really get it.
To access this service, you need to:
- Live in Victoria
- Identify as someone who has a lived experience of mental health challenges and/or emotional distress
Other advocacy organisations
We may not always be the best advocacy service for every issue, but if needed, we can refer you to other advocacy agencies with expertise, or check out this online list of disability advocacy organisations across Victoria.
These are some common advocacy issues we can support you with:
- Making sure your choices are considered by your doctor, psychiatrist or treating team and other support organisations
- Navigating complaints processes with mental health services
- Making an advance statement
Note: We are not able to advocate about personal matters between individuals.