Expressions of Interest are Now Open to Join VMIAC’s NDIS Critical Reference Group.
VMIACs vision is for a world where all mental health consumers stand proud and live a life with choices honoured, rights upheld and principles embedded in all aspects of society. As Victoria’s peak body for people with a lived experience of mental illness, and the mental health system, we are proud to prioritise the voices of lived experience consumers in everything we do.
Since 2020 VMIAC has invited VMIAC members who are NDIS Participants to contribute to work of our community advisory group, known as the VMIAC NDIS Critical Reference Group, which has been instrumental in providing content and advice with regards to our submissions and focus of VMIAC’s systemic advocacy work.
Some Achievements of the Critical Reference Group
- 2019 NDIS conference held over two days in Brunswick
- VMIAC submissions relating to the NDIS were based upon the critical analysis and knowledge of the CRG. Examples of which are the Joint Standing Committee and Independent Assessment work. Click the above links to find out more.
- NDIS has been included in the VMIAC Strategic Plan largely due to the expertise and knowledge compiled by the CRG.
- The CRG is an ongoing knowledge-base for the VMIAC NDIS information, appeals and reviews team
Benefits of joining the VMIAC NDIS Critical Reference Group
- Opportunities to attend conferences
- Developing expertise and critical thinking skills
- Influence the way VMIAC forms its NDIS policies and advocacy pathways
- Appropriate remuneration
- Accessible and inclusive- the group makes all efforts to be flexible, understanding and no expectations of commitment other than what you can do.
- Learn from other great minds and opportunity to read articles
Our CRG meets regularly about once a month. So if you are interested in taking part, fill out the application form below, and send it to email@example.com
Our NDIS CRG is made up of lived experience consumers, and we understand the unique needs and challenges of the community. We are understanding and caring about people’s needs and limitations in participation and strongly encourage anyone with a lived experience of being a participant of the NDIS with a psycho-social disability to apply.
If you wish to ask any questions, feel free to call us on (03) 9380 3900.