Telephone info and advocacy service
Information or short-term, non-legal advocacy for mental health consumers.
NDIS support, appeals and review service
Information and support for people thinking of using the NDIS, trying to access it, or already participating. We have extra supports and advocacy for consumers contesting NDIA decisions.
Short-term, trauma-informed peer support for people who have not felt sexually safe in a mental health inpatient service. Find out more…
Royal Commission peer support
Peer support to have your say in the mental health or disability royal commissions.
About our advocates and peer workers
All of our staff:
- Have lived experience as consumers of mental health services
- Are well-trained and supported to provide expert advocacy and/or support
- Can support you to self-advocate, or represent what you want
- Work from your ‘will and preferences’, not a ‘best interests’ perspective. This means they will act on your directions, not on what others might think is ‘best for you’
- Understand, respect and uphold human rights